On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Jay Carlson <nop@nop.com> wrote:
> I suspect there's a translation to coroutines and pcall/error, but it does look like another example of pain by lack of macros and/or concise lambdas.

Oh yes, I we had at least one war about the |x| x+1 syntax (Metalua
and GSL). lhf suggested a more token-filter friendly \x(x+1) which has
the advantage of making the expression unambiguous; that's in
LuaMacro.

On Reddit today there is a discussion about a language called Julia
which looks very much like Lua and has LuaJIT-like speed ambitions and
metalua-like syntax quoting and compile-time metaprogramming.  (With
optional type annotations, which seems to be a popular meme in the
programming language design game at the moment.)

So Lua's inner Scheme is still struggling to come out ;)

steve d.