On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Vladimir Protasov <eoranged@ya.ru> wrote:
> Does it support utf-8?

I am not one of the developers, so I can't answer for sure. However, I
am myself interested in Unicode support. I requested them for RTL
support, and hopefully they will do it, though perhaps not in the
short term. Naturally, if RTL is implemented, UTF-8 will also be
supported (because Arabic and Hebrew need UTF-8).
So, to answer your question, I don't know if UTF-8 is already
supported, because the Lua-scriptable branch of Zile has not been
released yet.
You may contact the developer and subscribe to the Zile mailing list.
If you decide to join the project and contribute, I am sure they will
be happy.