On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Xavier Wang <weasley.wx@gmail.com> wrote:
> first, may be we can split this module into some sub module. I mean,
> ml.string/ml.table/ml.functional etc. it would be better.

Ah, but I already have a library that works like that ;)  It's true
that these are fellows that don't belong together, splitpath and
compose, it's not elegant. But I'm trying to keep things as simple as
possible.

> require 'ml.table'.export(_ENV)

I do like this one, except maybe export() should put the functions
into either __ENV or the local function environment (we are still in
that awkward transition phase between 5.1 and 5.2 ;))

> Is that worth? we can discuss a function list in ml, and I have time
> to implement then in C. some of things I though:

That's an interesting possibility. I _suspect_ that most of them are
not going to be much faster in C.[1]  (At least on the desktop, LuaJIT
makes plain jane Lua code run very fast)

> is this list complete yet?

It's very close to core Penlight function set.

steve d.

[1] Happy to be corrected on this, of course. But then the question
becomes: how fast do they need to be?