On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Petite Abeille
<petite.abeille@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wasn't there some kind of initiative to get some sort of comprehensive Lua directory/listing going?

good point, i also had mostly forgotten about that.

a good example of how that could work is djangopackages.com, i haven't
seen the code or how is it maintained; but the result is certainly
useful:

- lots of packages
- categorized lists
- feature comparison matrices
- links to homepage, project page, docs
- graphs and statistics pulled from github/bitbucket
- rankings on pulled stats.
- automated warnings on possibly abandoned projects

just checked and it's based on OpenComparison.  from the very top of
their page:"We offer free subdomains to open-source languages, web
frameworks, and other projects."   should we ask for one?  or maybe
somebody can dedicate some serverspace to host an instance

--
Javier