ldt is a Lua IDE built on top of Eclipse, I think it deserves its own thread.

Among other things, it provides a remote debugger based on the DBGp protocol.
There are several clients for the protocol (standalone and plugins for
emacs, vim, Notepad++, netbeans, ... see [1] for details), but most
were developed for PHP and may need some work to adapt them to Lua.

-- Pierre-Yves

[1] http://www.xdebug.org/docs/remote