As Matthew said, this is a problem, because you never know if someone
between you and the server (other than LuaSocket) did the merging, or
worse, the splitting. I don't know how often that happens in practice.

> Yes, Set-Cookie. A few implementations quote the date in Expires, but
> I don't believe that practice is widespread. Still, it's not
> *impossible* to parse - you just have to treat the date as everything
> between Expires= and the next ';' [2].

I recall somebody implementing a pattern that parsed these merged cookies.
Does anybody have that code lying around?

Regards,
Diego