On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Tim Hill <drtimhill@gmail.com> wrote:
> .. and I for one want to _thank them_ for that imperviousness. Language (or,
> more specifically, run-time library) bloat is a huge problem imho. See the
> Java and .Net libraries for classic examples.

Java-the-language is a particularly egregious example of
imperviousness to change; it took how long to get foreach? Well, until
the C# bleeding got too bad. And Java lacks sugar for design patterns
set in stone. I tell people to head over to Lombok[1] the moment I
hear they're stuck in Java-the-language.

Jay

[1]: http://jnb.ociweb.com/jnb/jnbJan2010.html --
http://projectlombok.org/slideshow.html