Hi, folks!

I'm happy to announce the v0.4.1 release of our ngx_lua nginx module. You
can get the release tarball from the download page:

   https://github.com/chaoslawful/lua-nginx-module/tags

Here's the change log compared to the last formal release, v0.4.0:

* bugfix: ngx.exit, ngx.redirect, ngx.exec, and ngx.req.set_uri(uri,
true) could return (they should never return as per the
documentation). this bug had appeared in ngx_lua v0.3.1rc4 and
ngx_openresty 1.0.6.13. thanks @cyberty for reporting it.

* bugfix: ngx_http_lua_header_filter_init was called with an argument
which actually accepts none. this could cause compilation errors at
least with gcc 4.3.4 as reported in github issue #80. thanks bigplum
(Simon).

* bugfix: fixed all the warnings from the clang static analyzer.

* feature: allow use of the DDEBUG macro from the outside (via the -D
DDEBUG=1 C compiler opton).

You can also view the HTML version of this change log here:

   http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#v0.4.1

Special thanks go to all of our contributors and users!

I'm currently focusing on the ngx_lua cosocket branch which will
become the v0.5.x series. With the upcoming cosocket support, we'll be
able to code up nonblocking network client drivers for various backend
services (memcached, mysql, redis, to name a few) in pure Lua, and
these drivers could be even faster than the old approach that requires
combining nginx subrequests and nginx upstream modules.

This Nginx module embeds the Lua 5.1 interpreter or LuaJIT 2.0 into
the nginx core and integrates the powerful Lua threads (aka Lua
coroutines) into the nginx event model by means of nginx subrequests.

Unlike Apache's mod_lua and Lighttpd's mod_magnet, Lua code written
atop this module can be 100% non-blocking on network traffic as long
as you use the ngx.location.capture or ngx.location.capture_multi
interfaces to let the Nginx core do all your requests to mysql,
postgresql, memcached, redis, upstream http web services, and etc etc
etc.

This module is also included and enabled by default in our
ngx_openresty bundle: http://openresty.org/

You can find the complete documentation for this module on the
following wiki page:

   http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule

And you always get the latest source code from the git repository here:

   https://github.com/chaoslawful/lua-nginx-module

Have fun!
-agentzh