On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Oliver Schneider <lua@windirstat.info> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> from the changelog I see that LuaJIT incorporated some features of Lua
> 5.2, but does that mean it incorporated all changes of Lua 5.2 or just
> selected ones?

A few selected ones, and I think they have to be specially enabled
when you compile somehow.

(Do not hold out for a fully 5.2-compatible version of LuaJIT, if you
are thinking of it. Mike Pall has made it clear that he dislikes and
disagrees with many of the choices made by the Lua team for this
version, and has no intention of moving away from a primarily
5.1-based LuaJIT.)

> Also, is it safe to use LuaJIT along with libraries that originally
> depend on Lu 5.1.4?

As long as they stick to the official API and do not do anything that
requires "special" access (like the Pluto serialization library, for
example), yes.

-Duncan