On 01/28/2012 02:47 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> I think the reason Lua's popularity distantly trails its quality and
> utility is because what is available in Lua's LuaRocks is nowhere near
> the maturity and utility of CPAN or the equivalent facilities for
> Python and Ruby.

It would probably make an interesting exercise to see what are the most
highly used CPAN modules and compare against LuaRocks to see which
equivalents are missing. I'm sure there are probably a few modules that
could be classified as low-hanging fruit, and trivially ported or
otherwise created.

Not that I personally feel like it would make a dent in Lua's lack of
popularity, nor should it since Lua's primary merits have been in its
small size.