David Burgess wrote:
> PS. I would love Mike to tell me what fastmult means on cat /proc/cpuinfo
> (features: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp iwmmxt thumbee)

It means that the CPU has a fast(er) multiplication unit (which is
rather expensive in chip space and power usage).

But it also shows that it has VFP, which LuaJIT currently doesn't
take advantage of. That would give a substantial speedup on
floating-point heavy benchmarks, such as SciMark. Of course, this
only matters if you're doing lots of FP operations in your app.

--Mike