Matthew Wild wrote:
[...]
> I don't have titlebars, and I don't know what you mean about not
> drawing borders properly, but I don't have any (notable?) memory leaks
> (I often don't reboot for weeks at a time).

The Kindle 3 firmware, which was all in Java, was very brittle under the
hood --- for example, it ran all applications in the same VM, which
meant that static variables were never garbage collected. Ever.

As a result it would tend to silt up over time and eventually crash and
reboot.

│ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
│ telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out
│ how to use my telephone." --- Bjarne Stroustrup