On Monday, January 02, 2012 10:19:22 PM Tim Mensch wrote:
> On 1/2/2012 2:09 PM, Matthew Frazier wrote:
> >  Just out of curiosity, who would be willing/able to come to Lua
>
> Workshop if it was in Raleigh, North Carolina?
>
> There's a chance I could come, depending, though I'd be more
> tempted by a touristy destination. :)
>
> Anyone for Boulder, Colorado, for instance? Or somewhere else
> nearby that isn't so expensive? :)

I probably won't have the time to come unless you hold it in Orlando,
Florida, which is my home. I think Raleigh is a much better choice
than Orlando (or Boulder).

I've been to two show/expo/etc in Raleigh -- Linux Expo 1999 and a
meeting for all post office managers in North Carolina in about 2004.
In both cases, the cost of hotels to be cheap (about fifty dollars)
and food was cheap. Meanwhile, I challenge Boulder or Orlando or any
other tourist trap to have the same percentage of intelligent
technologists as Raleigh. Last but not least, with Raleigh's excellent
employment rate, including in IT, if you think it's time to change
locations, you might actually find yourself a job while you're there.
I have nothing but good things to say about Raleigh, North Carolina.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore/key_excellence.htm