Yes, I am in the same situation as Graham.
I am a good occasional programmer but Lua isn't simple to manage.
The language is too rich and too powerfull to manage in a couple of hours.
I also 'll be happy with many source code programsample, from the very
beginning to the most difficult.

Alain.

----------

Graham wrote :

Being an occasional Lua embedder and coder but expert at neither, a
Getting Started with Lua guide split between coders and embedded users
is the way to go. Lua 5.2 is in particular need of this. I tend to be
a passive listener to this list and realise most list participants are
strong full-time programmers or academics for whom the reference
material is probably adequate. However for students (especially non CS
ones) and programmers for whom programming is not their core job (like
me), additional material would be appreciated.

As an example of the problems encountered but not easily resolved is
the porting of 5.1.4 embedded code to 5.2. To familiarise myself with
5.2 I decided on the progressive top down elimination of all
depreciated functions. I have spend a lot of time trying to work out
why I am unable to load my libraries. I reasonably sure its an
environment issue, but the reference manual and looking at lua.c and
other source do not help. I need a Getting Started with Lua (Embedded)
guide with sample code!

Graham

--
Complex numbers: They are all fun and games until someone loses an i.