Hello,

I only recently started learning Lua and I am amazed. Unfortunately, I
am not a programmer, so I fail to take bigger advantage of the language.

First task I set to myself was to rewrite herbstluftwm[1] configuration
file from shell to Lua.

herbstluftwm is a nice window manager, configured at runtime via ipc
calls from `herbstclient`.

While I managed to rewrite the configuration file, that's all I did, a
line by line rewrite of the shell code. There is nothing advanced or
elegant about it. I haven't actually solved any problems.

Here is the file: http://dl.ramov.com/herbstluftwm.lua

Any ideas to make it better, i.e. maybe some clever use of tables or
some higher order functions etc?

[1]: http://wwwcip.cs.fau.de/~re06huxa/herbstluftwm/

-Sime