On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Javier Guerra Giraldez
<javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
> still, note that this only make any difference when reusing tables.
> allocating a new table per packet was a much slower operation and made
> all string-pushing methods perform similarly.

ah, I also tried with LuaJIT 2.0, but before the FFI was released.  it
didn't make much difference, since most of the time was spent in C or
in the Lua/C API.  at most, it made standard string interning somewhat
faster, but not enough to change the ordering.

I haven't ported the binding to FFI (in part because there's a few
callbacks), but i'm sure it would be smokin'

--
Javier