On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can think of several ways, e.g. making a custom version of the Lua
> interpreter.  But this wheel has surely been invented.

Ten years ago, people were asking this question in this self-same context:

My list-searching-foo is not up to it, but there have been more recent
threads. It seems that simply feeding a different line number into the
lexical stream is straightforward, and lhf's ltokens meta-patch can do
it (you'll have to redo it for 5.2 however)

The tricky bit is inserting different filenames as well...

steve d.