Hi all!

On Windows Lua 5.1.4 uses Win32 API function LoadLibrary to load DLLs.

To ameliorate the DLL-hell problem I tweaked loadlib.c in order to make it use LoadLibraryEx with LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH flag instead.

Lua 5.2.0 apparently adds support for this approach by using LoadLibraryEx and adding a LUA_LLE_FLAGS macro (see loadlib.c - line 164). I remember having read a lua-l post long ago, but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I wonder why this hasn't been placed in luaconf.h. Is it still experimental or has issues? How I'm supposed to use it in a "right way"? It is sufficient to place the following line somewhere in luaconf.h:

#define LUA_LLE_FLAGS LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH

or should I specify -DLUA_LLE_FLAGS=LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH
when invoking make?

Any suggestion/clarification appreciated!

Cheers.
--Lorenzo