* Daurnimator:

> Lua files are searched for before C modules (ie, iterates over
> package.path before package.cpath)

If you've got an application which uses lpeg, and you run it on a file
in a directory which happens to contain a lpeg.lua file, that file is
executed as a Lua script.  Some people consider this a problem.

Due to the distinction between package.path and package.cpath, this is
not entirely straightforward to address, unfortunately, otherwise I'd
have fixed it for the Lua 5.1 builds I have some influence over.