On 12/6/2011 4:42 AM, steve donovan wrote:
On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Dirk Laurie<dirk.laurie@gmail.com>  wrote:
Lua bytecode is portable (a) across the same major.minor release (b)
and provided that the compiling machine and the target machine have
the same number of bytes per integer?

You forgot byte order.  Not only big vs little endian!  I've worked
with ARMs where the doubles were _mixed_ endian...

LOL! Middle endian... A coworker last year brought me some motion capture data, that we had to process with Python and feed to MotionBuilder - after some digging (binary data) I found out... it was middle endian single floats. Hopefully 0x3F000000 is easy one to recognize, and knowing some alignment requirments got us there.