Thanks. David has written a fix, which has been merged in the spaceinfo branch.

As he hinted, most developments these days happen in the "spaceinfo" branch, which breaks the API for spaces / comments / source offset representations: the Eclipse plugin (http://eclipse.org/koneki/) uses Metalua for source analysis, and requires some serious refinments of the AST/source mapping.

spaceinfo changes are intended to be integrated to the trunk at some point, but I'd rather wait and see whether more API breaks are needed, and push them all together.