On Nov 26, 2011, at 3:29 AM, Diego Nehab wrote:

> Hmmm, the alternative would be to return an error and abort the request, right?
> What else is there to do? Would that be preferrable? Maybe.

Personally I would not put any such check in the http module and leave it as it is.

After all, one might very well use whatever schema they want, for whatever reason, and still need to speak http over it, e.g.:

http.request( 'fubar://localhost' )

It shouldn't be the business of the http module to dictate what schema one is using, but rather just handle the protocol mechanism, as it does today.

> It never occurred to me that somebody would send an http.request on
> something that was not an http URL.

It could. The important thing is not the URL schema, but rather the intent to speak HTTP over it.