On 11/22/2011 12:41 AM, startx wrote:
On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 16:28:56 +0000
Stefan Reich  wrote:
[snip]
I think we should have a new Lua-related talking place (slightly
generalizing the term 'mailing list' here) with these fundamental
properties:
[snip]
even if i was agreeing with you ( which i am not really), you not going
to change the way a project is run by jumping on it and calling for a
split or fork after a few month.

Stefan should announce his mailing list right away and continue from there. Let the market decide on the merits of his ideas. It should also be said that a lot of lurking folks who don't post often isn't keen on getting anywhere near this thread.

A few years ago, some fellow made a kind of huge ruckus here too -- had a thousand ideas and wanted to bulldoze everything his way, irrespective of the existing community culture. Started slowly but then escalated badly. Not polite too. Feeling a little déjà vu now.

The other thing I want to bring up here is that I think what he do must not be construed as any kind of official Lua endorsement, policy or direction.

Have fun, I'll stay right here on lua-l. :-) ;-)
--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)