Stefan,

I'm sad that you've had a bad experience here. I've been on the mailing list for at least 8 years and have always felt like this is a friendly place. Sure, sometimes we ask things of the "benevolent dictators" and they say "no". I've proposed all kinds of silly things that haven't been adopted into the core and I just assume that it was because either people didn't care enough to comment or is was really a silly idea. Either way, I try not to take this stuff too personally.

Rather than "packing up and leaving", could you help me (us) understand what specifically bothers you about the current list? I can almost guarantee that we will all suffer from a fragmented (already small) community.

You seem enthusiastic and willing to contribute to Lua, so I hope we can turn your negative experience around.

Please don't take anything I've said here as condescending!

Warm regards,

-joe