Hi there,
I'm currently working on an awesome two-way C++-Lua binding (which I'm
not going to link to yet, tee-hee). I'm trying to find a good way to
map C++ exceptions to Lua errors. By definition, in C++, an exception
is something  which should not go unnoticed, yet handleable. The best
way to map it to Lua seems to be errors, but errors are customarily
strings. The amount of information one can attach to a string is
rather limited, but throwing more complete objects isn't really Lua-y.
So, what *is* the purpose of the mechanism if it's primarily meant for
throwing strings, and what would be the best way to Lua-fy C++
exceptions?

Cheers,
Mak Nazečić-Andrlon