[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Lua to ECMAscript static compiler (or translator)
- From: Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@...>
- Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 16:12:44 -0500
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Maximilian Herkender
> I'd say the only two major differences are the api and the use of metatables
> in Lua.
i see several deep differences. all doable, but only if you do real
compilation and not just source translation.
- Lua can use any value as a table key, JS only supports strings
- variable hoisting vs. lexical scoping
- 0, "" and  are falsy in JS, true in Lua