On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 4:33 AM, Jimmie Houchin <jlhouchin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Smalltalk is different from all of the languages mentioned. All code is
> loaded into a running system. Code is updated, edited, modified live.

I've always admired this model, it's like operating on a live patient.
It's true that Lua compilation happens instantly in most cases, but
there's often a lot of tear-down and tear-up going on with stopping
and launching a big server process.

It would be so cool to have a Lua development system which supported this model.

steve d.