It's clearer, quicker, more readable, it's much better indeed. Thank you. It works!

Em 06-11-2011 12:34, Georg Lehner escreveu:
Hello Luciano!

Try the following:

function execute(command)
    local lines = {}
    local file = io.popen(command)
    for line in file:lines() do
        table.insert(lines, line)
    end
    file:close()
    return lines
end

This does not explain why your code does not what you want, but is should work.

You can list the whole table with:

output = execute('ls')
for n,line in output do print(n,line) end

Maybe your ls does not output two lines..

Regards,

    Jorge-León