On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Hisham <hisham.hm@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, the official LuaRocks repositories contain only source rocks (not
binary rocks) for Linux.

I don't know how things work in the recent Ubuntu, but in my system I
just built Lanes with LuaRocks and I have libpthread.so.0 listed in
the output of `ldd lua51-lanes.so` (and I did spot "-lpthread" in the
gcc command during compilation).

You may want to try to `luarocks remove lanes` and then `luarocks
build lanes` again and see if you notice anything strange.

Thanks I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see how it goes, but I think I've already tried something similar by removing everything. Can I access the makefile somewhere to set these flags? I looked for it but couldn't find it yet.

Thijs