On mar, 2011-11-01 at 13:42 +0000, Stefan Reich wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Jorge <xxopxe@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On lun, 2011-10-31 at 18:15 +0000, Stefan Reich wrote:
> >> I mean, this is an engineering task. No more no less. I don't know
> >> exactly how much work it is, but I don't think it would take all that
> >> long if a skilled engineer gets to work on it.
> >
> > No amount of engineering will solve the Halting problem.
>
> Sorry, but what does this have to do with anything discussed before?
> Don't you rather want to contribute something related to the topic?

Sorry it came trough as a being nasty, it wasn't the intention.

There are inherent limits to what can be done with automatic
verification. You should define the scope of what you want to verify and
check its feasibility, before you put it on your feature list and start
throwing resources at it.

The effort needed do satisfy different level of correctness grown very
fast, and jumps to infinite surprisingly fast.