On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Dimiter 'malkia' Stanev
<malkia@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone considered using premake?
>
> It's written in "C" but extended through lua.
>
> http://industriousone.com/premake

I don't think its a good idea to depend on lua to build lua as you get
into bootstrapping problems. (if you don't have lua, how do you build
it if you dont have lua?)

Similar applies to other build systems that uses python (or perl or
whatever) which would mean you would need first build python to get
lua (when bootstrapping a new arch/system).

One of the *big* advantages with lua is that it requires very little
to build and thus is a perfect tool when bootstrapping systems.

That said, the boxed makefile is not perfect so we (Alpine Linux) has
to patch it. Mostly due to add dynamic linking support.

--
Natanael Copa