On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:57:42 +0200, Axel Kittenberger wrote:
Which one would you (not) choose to serve CGIs?

Only that CGIs are more and more becoming a concept of yesterday in
favor of event-based scripting servers.

Maybe because using CGIs is becoming more and more expensive. Now
which one is simpler: CGIs with Lua or Python+Twisted?

Don't get me wrong, I like event-based programming, but a lot of
Web developers use it for bad reasons. AS we say in France, you
shouldn't use a hammer to crush a fly.

This http://teddziuba.com/2011/10/node-js-is-cancer.html is
certainly questionable but I agree with at least one point:
the Unix way of building systems (small blocks communicating
through pipes) is proven and should be the default.
And if you use a scripting language in such a setup you want
fast interpreter boot time.