Lua is clearly not a well known language. This is a fact.
Nearly all developers I talked to about Lua had never heard of that
language before.
Is this really a problem? I don't think Lua is *the* language that
should replace Java, JavaScript Perl and PHP!

And if fact the article cites Lua:

"A startup called Ansca also makes Corona, a framework for building
iPhone apps that uses Lua, a language the company promotes as being
very close to ActionScript"

I am not sure that the comparison with ActionScript is really appropriate.