Hi,

2011/9/29 Lorenzo Donati <lorenzodonatibz@interfree.it>

> Hi all!
>
> I just updated my GCC installation from TDM-GCC 4.5.2 to 4.6.1 and to test it I compiled Lua 5.1.4 and 5.2 beta.
>
> The resulting executables cause problems, because whenever an exception is raised, instead of getting the usual unhandled exception text, I get a general system error dialog from Windows (WinXP SP2) and the interpreter crashes (according to the details from that dialog the cause is in msvcrt.dll).
>
> Anyone has had the same problem?
>
> Cheers.
> -- Lorenzo
>
> P.S.: I've not time to investigate it further, so it could be something from my side - but I followed the same exact steps I used with GCC 4.5.2. For now I switched back to GCC 4.5.2.

After some trial and error, I found this issue is an optimization option issue.

According to the document[1]:
Starting with GCC version 4.6, the default setting (when not optimizing for size) for 32-bit Linux x86 and 32-bit Darwin x86 targets has been changed to -fomit-frame-pointer. The default can be reverted to -fno-omit-frame-pointer by configuring GCC with the --enable-frame-pointer configure option.

The workaround is adding -fno-omit-frame-pointer opton like this:
make mingw MYCFLAGS=-fno-omit-frame-pointer

Regards,
Park Heesob

1. http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.6.1/gcc/Optimize-Options.html