On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 12:05 AM, Patrick Mc(avery
<patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote:
> Hi Sabastien
>
> I've been a bit rattled with the endless discussions of locals vs globals. I
> usually make a file copying script and concatenate the various files into
> one. I find it simpler and I figure it is easier to define scope with do -
Before I wrote merge.lua, that's what I did as well- but it wasn't
very nice, nor portable (/bin/bash anyone?)

>  There isn't a whole lot of
> documentation for mergelua, is this essential what it does? I set up a
> configuration file and call mergelua on it?

If you look at the merge.lua code[1], you'll notice that it is indeed
spartanic, doing only what is necessary to do. All in all, it's an
arguably nicer way of doing what could already be done with echo, cat,
and more cat :-)
The first post explains the usage quite well actually, mostly because
there really isn't much more to it.

[1] https://github.com/beelzebub/mergelua/blob/master/merge.lua