On 13 October 2011 02:29, Patrick Mc(avery
<patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote:
> I want my code to be easy to spot amongst theirs.

This might be the root of your troubles.  It's quite easy to get into
an arms race of visual "loudness" if you have a number of entities
wishing to be "easy to spot".  If you change your intention to be "I
want my code to fit in beautifully with its neighbours" you might get
something nicer.

My spider sense starts tingling when I see too many caps.  I start
remembering what it's like to program on Windows with all its DWORDs
and BOOLs.