On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:
> Incidentally, has anybody seen a good explanation of why they designed
> yet another new language, instead of trying to use something existing?

Something like "We've got metric tonnes of JavaScript all over the
place, and our tools are not coping. Let's add type annotations and
see if it helps. Plus, we think people like classes"

Put like that, it does sound a bit feeble.  Imagine the reaction
around here if there was a proposal for type annotations in Lua!

steve d.