[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Homemade email system using LuaSocket and LuaPOP3
- From: Petite Abeille <petite.abeille@...>
- Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 11:44:32 +0200
On Oct 2, 2011, at 10:20 AM, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> The long story is @
> currently our biggest concern is - as is mentioned here adequately - finding a good message parser.
Right, it's a bit of a pain.
For the sake of expediency, I'm presently using a mixture of external tools to get this going:
- 822date to parse RFC*822 dates
- reformail to extract headers
- reformime to handle MIME structures
- addrlist to parse RFC*822 addresses
- iconv for charset conversion
While not optimal, this gets the job done at the sluggish rate of around 1,000 messages per minute on a diminutive laptop -including persistent data storage .
> I figure, if there is no good lua one, it's probably more sane to add lua bindings to a C/C++ based one. There should be plenty of those around.
There are quite a few indeed. The challenge is to choose a sane one :)
In no particular order: