On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Dirk Laurie <dpl@sun.ac.za> wrote:
> And another button that quickly scans the page for you (whether in Perl
> or in Lua) and displays a table of contents of Lua power patches sorted
> top to bottom by popularity.

I don't think the problem is necessarily technical here. This sort of
thing can be done by Sputnik, Orbit or (dare I say) a combination of
several technologies. But who is going to feed it?  Wikis are
certainly not self-organizing; any order in the Lua Wiki is due to the
invisible labour of people like David Manura.  The whole web 2.0 thing
is that the users will do this, but there's a lot of capture and
categorization involved.

Also (at the risk of reigniting an old thread) there are license
issues if there is no clear attribution or owner of a patch. Which is
why with the snippets site (which grew out of a similar need) does
require each snippet to have an explicit license.

Patches by their nature are against specific code bases so that's
another thing that has to be made very explicit.

steve d.