On Sep 6, 2011, at 5:21 PM, Matthew Wild wrote:

> And finally, a picture is worth a thousand words, though I know a
> number of you here have seen it already:
> https://plus.google.com/111178996415789377552/posts/RRZHnv92VEq

And if you read JavaScript: The Good Parts, you discover that much of the book is dedicated to what's wrong with JavaScript. My reaction while reading it was that Lua managed to have most of the good parts while avoiding the bad parts. (I could see use for separate NULL and no-value/undefined values in Lua with respect to things like holes in arrays, __index tables for inherited values, but that might just be kicking the problem down the road.)

Mark