Hello everyone,

I am writing a simple parser in LPeg and I would like to know if my the match failed because it reached the end of string or if it run into an invalid input character. By distinguishing these two cases I could wait for more input instead of raising an error when given incomplete data.

In both these cases lpeg.match returns nil and I cannot think of any clever way to check how the match failed.

I am sure somebody must have faced a similar problem before but I could not find anything on Google.

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa