Hi Steve,

Sure, it's

http://luafaq.org/FAQ.md

and the customized markdown.lua (that does ToC) is

http://luafaq.org/markdown.lua

BTW, markdown.lua gets really slow with these big documents. Perhaps I
will try out Pandoc.

Did you try the discount module by Alex Bradbury? It's available in LuaRocks (luarocks install lua-discount). The plain Lua Markdown module is really slow to convert the Lua/APR documentation to HTML (it takes several minutes) so I tried out discount and it's done in 2 seconds :-). A word of warning though: If your Markdown documents are complex, you may find corner cases where the two modules give different output (I had to hack around these changes a bit).

 - Peter