I am just looking for some clarification when using the macro
LUA_USE_APICHECK, is it the case that indicators in the manual are not
respected for functions when using this macro? I ask because I decided
to turn the option on and run unit tests on OOLua to find that an
assert is being triggered for the function lua_touserdata (indirectly
via index2addr) with it, yet the manual states "'-' means the function
never throws any error". The situation under test was trying to pull a
user data of an empty stack which as I understood it would return NULL
and does without the macro, this situation is handled gracefully in
the test but means I can not use the macro as is. Firstly because an
assert (from assert.h) in unit tests is bad and also it would require
different tests for release and debug builds.

Thanks
Liam