Hi all,

this is my first post to this list. So let me introduce myself shortly:

My name is Daniel, I am 33 years old, live in Germany and came to Lua
about a year ago,
because I use the NoteCase Pro outliner a lot, which uses Lua as its
scripting language (http://www.notecasepro.com).
Since then I have learned Lua mainly using the available online
ressources and trial & error.

I have written a complete Getting Things Done task management system
for NoteCase Pro in Lua, which currently has about 2000 lines of Lua
code, as well as a lot of other Lua scripts which help with
information management in NoteCase Pro (so my experience with Lua sums
up to about 5000 lines of Lua code, although I know of course that the bare
number of lines of code is not an appropriate measure for quality of programming
skills ;-).

Now I come to my first question to you:

I'd like to shorten an if condition such as:

if strCustomPropertyValue == "inbox" or strCustomPropertyValue ==
"today" or strCustomPropertyValue == "thisweek" or
strCustomPropertyValue == "thismonth" or strCustomPropertyValue ==
"thisyear" or strCustomPropertyValue == "later" or
strCustomPropertyValue == "someday" or strCustomPropertyValue ==
"archive"  or strCustomPropertyValue == "otherpersons"  then
end

to something like (pseudocode):

if strCustomPropertyValue in ("inbox", "today", "thisweek",
"thismonth", "thisyear", "later", "someday", "archive",
"otherpersons") then
end

Is something like this possible in Lua? I have not found a way yet.

Thanks a lot,
Daniel