On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:47 PM, HyperHacker <hyperhacker@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the term you want is "critical section". A thread can ask that
> it not be interrupted until it finishes some task (delimited by calls
> to EnterCriticalSection and LeaveCriticalSection or similar). Of
> course then you have to figure out what to do if a thread gets into an
> endless loop in that section...

The OS functions will not produce endless loops. We just program them
properly. :)

Incidentally, there is a new version to try out for the so-inclined:

http://luaos.net/download/download.php?file=Install-LuaOS-0.5.msi
http://luaos.net/download/download.php?file=luaos-0.5.zip

0.5 has very basic support for GUI - opening a frame and getting it
closed automatically when the originating sandbox dies. Hibernation is
gone for now, but it will come back in style in the next version (this
time working properly).

I'm not really sure if I'm gonna announce 0.5 anywhere but on this
list. (You're always the best-informed people, heh.)

Maybe I'll choose to make a big fuzz about 0.6 when I can show off the
really quite cool hibernation machinery.

Cheers,
Stefan