In my case I need it in directory listing function.
So I read directory in standard libc way.
And then I need to sort an array in-place using C function
for comparison or using Lua function if provided by user.

Of course, I see no problem of taking auxsort () from ltablib.c to my code.
But shouldn't it be accessible to outside world?

P. S. I couldn't find this topic in mailing list
(even if there is - it is very hard to find proper keywords)