On 8/14/2011 2:54 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
>It depends on how reliable your game must be. Certainly there is some
deeper issue there, the question is whether it is worth finding it.

Thanks for the insight into those asserts.

Something I forgot to say was that, it being a debug build on Windows
with Visual Studio, even the uninitialized memory is cleared to a
constant flag value, so not even that should be different between runs.

For now I'll leave it on the backburner. There's a big chunk of code
that I plan to overhaul soon anyway; maybe the old code will turn out to
have a memory corruption bug in it.

Thanks again,

Tim