On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 10:32:51AM +0200, liam mail wrote:

> On 4 August 2011 07:43, Dirk Laurie <dpl@sun.ac.za<mailto:dpl@sun.ac.za>> wrote:
> The real story is: "Lua has no integer type, as it does not need it.
> … a Lua number can represent any long integer without rounding problems."
> (PiL, §2.3).  Sounds good to me.
>
> I think you are looking at the first edition, in the second edition this
> was corrected.

Yes, I copied-and-pasted from a window.  The second edition says "32-bit
integer".  The rest of my post makes clear that I was talking about that.

> Added to that Lua 5.2 does in fact have an int type.

Please elaborate, giving a cut-and-paste of an interactive session and/or
a quote from the reference manual and/or an excerpt from the beta source
code.

Dirk