It's been a while since my last Lua-l post... But with the 2011 Workshop just a handful of weeks away, I thought I'd say something about my upcoming talk in Switzerland:

In my presentation I'll discuss how Lua has helped us develop (and evolve!) Reflexis Flow, our model-driven platform for web application development.

Since many think that making software always involves writing & wrangling lots of code, I'll start by explaining how model-driven development tackles things differently. And as there are paradigms aplenty, I will present our particular take on it and why we feel Reflexis Flow provides people with an environment that makes it easy to create solutions for the web that are both flexible and secure.

Next I'll show how Lua has enabled us to take somewhat of a middle ground between a procedural, component-based world view and a more high-level, model-driven mindset, resulting in a web application platform that's straight-forward to use but also easy to extend. While Flow developers don't need to be familiar with scripting, it is fair to say that knowing Lua greatly enhances what you can get out of our platform.

Last but not least, I'll talk about several cases where Lua has really helped our team come up with practical solutions to specific problems. Time permitting I can, of course, also demo some of our tools or a few of the projects completed using Reflexis Flow.

Okay, I'll leave it at this for now. I hope to see many of you in Frick!

Ashwin.