On 30 July 2011 18:39, Lorenzo Donati <lorenzodonatibz@interfree.it> wrote:
I don't understand it fully. It seems that this relies on the internal VM or bytecode format,
It uses information from the byte code header.
which is not formalized anywhere, so you cannot rely on that
You can rely on that for Offical Lua releases the source is the documentation.

- moreover it could change from version to version, so you would have to rewrite the function for each new Lua release.
This untested code should be valid for both Lua 5.1.4 and 5.2, which version where you looking to support?
(BTW int_width is not used, a typo or what?)
Yes that was a mistake, when writing it in the email I was going to assign the value to int_width but I just returned the value instead.

Liam